Truck, Motorcycle, and RV

Homestead magazine. Quite a possibility.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I live on land.

I live in my garage, which is also a lab. It's written off as a business expense. I have a PO Box in town.

My attitude and the places I have access to are the backbone of real living texture that I lay upon reality. I built the garage with my compatriots from chicken wire and Portland cement. I could park my RV on the roof.

It is a three bay garage with rooms off to either side, containing a stairwell to the roof and the office. I am planting a garden on the roofwork.

There is running water and power for the computer. I keep my costs low and work doing whatever I want. Which turns out to be removing garbage from people's garages and attics, hauling vegetable oil from restaurants, painting every now and then, making using and selling biodiesel and ethanol, and a little bit of repair work on whatever rolls my way or gets dropped off.

I built the cistern. I cook my own food.

I arranged my own house. I am one of the civic leaders of a rural commune in West Virginia.

We grow hemp. We grow jimsonweed. We grow tomatoes and violets, liquor stills and foodcrops. Some guy down the road owns cows. I tested the dairymilk for Strontium-90. Lower than the national average.

I live on land.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home